Wednesday 27 July 2011

Hello everyone,
  In continuation with memorable incidences, I would love to share one more incident. As far as I remember, it was incident of the year 2008. I was taking communication classes for BCA final year students. In this class, there was a group of three naughty students who were popularly known as V3( all three had their name from alphabet V).These students were busy in their own world and were mostly turned out of class by other teachers. I had always prefer not to turn students out and never turned them out too.
One day, I was teaching about barriers of communication in their class. When talking about 'closed mind' as a barrier of communication, I quoted that some students have preoccupied idea that this subject is very easy and there is no need to study it. So, this acts as a barrier of communication as these students have their mind closed for encoded message by sender and they are never able to decode it.
Then further talking about ' inattention' as a barrier to communication, I said the students who are physically present but mentally absent will never be able to decode what sender is encoding and it acts as barrier of communication.( I wont quote more as it might be hurting for them)
I saw the students sitting close to this group whispering to V3 group that ma'am is indirectly pointing you out.
One of the 'V' from V3 triplet stood up and asked me to explain the topic again.
I took it positively and without scolding them for being inattentive, I started explaining topic again with same examples.
I saw them sweating and their face turning red but pretended as if i was not noticing them.
Lecture bell rang and I walked out of class to faculty room. They came up to me and said sorry for not being attentive.I smiled and said that it better to be late than never. Its good you realized.
Thereafter, they were the most attentive students in class. I always found myself appreciating them for their spontaneity and active participation in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment